Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink's February 2015 Blog Hop Challenge

This is the image of PTI's February Blog Hop Challenge.  It is so beautiful.

Blog Hop Inspiration 

I decided to play along this time as I had that whole week last week to play!  This is what I came up with . . .

  I used Papertrey Ink's Doodlie Do stamp set and dies.  I heat embossed the Versamark images with white embossing powder first.  I then used a variety of inks to watercolor the flowers and leaves.  I used mostly Raspberry Fizz with some Sweet Blush mixed in and brushed that onto the flowers.  For my background I first embossed some watercolor paper with a chevron embossing folder, and then used Distress Inks and  water on an acrylic block to smoosh the colors on one at at time.  The sentiment is also from the Doodlie Do stamp set


 I took the back ground after it dried and sprayed it with some gold mist to give it a little sparkle.  I arranged my flowers and used dimensional tape to give them a little lift.
 Lastly I adhered it to a card base made from PTI cardstock and added some enamel dots.  It looks like Spring.  I could use some Spring right now.


Hope you like my little creation.  Happy Hump Day!!  Hope you get a little crafty today!  :)

10 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet colors- I love the Doodlie-do stamps with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design with the Doodlie Do flowers and that chevron embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great textured background, and great "smooshing"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great textured background, and great "smooshing"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! So cheerful and full of fun! I love the bright colors and the florals are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card!! Your background is really amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the texture you have in the bg! Such beautiful spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the flower detailing!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog