Friday, February 20, 2015

Wish upon a birthday star

Make It Monday #201: Cover Plate Stencils and Embossing Paste


You guessed it....another snow day.  I have had a mini vacation and am loving it!!  Going back to school on Monday will be tough in more ways than one!!  Today I am playing along with the Make It Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink.  The challenge was to use a cover plate as a stencil.  I only own two cover plates from PTI and the Papertrey Ink - Cover Plate: Stars Die was a great one to chose. 



I took the cover plate and cut out a stencil.  I used that stencil to first put some distress inks on.  I then applied the stencil on my cardstock a little off centered and add Ranger Texture Paste.  The paste was transparent and I loved how the blue showed through.  I also added Wink of Stella Clear glitter over the top of the paste to give it a little shine.




I diecut some stars all from PTI cardstock (all cardstock and pattern paper is from PTI) and gave them some dimension.  I also added some silver star sequins from the Make It Market Kit  Shakers and Sprinkles.  Hope you are having a great, crafty day!!!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Great card Betty Sue! I love that you stenciled with distress ink first before using the embossing paste - great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving how you did the stars with ink first and then the paste...very creative! And how can you not love red, white, and blue?? Great card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card!! Love the offset stars!! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog